Saturday, February 12, 2011

OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y?

Do You Think I'm Tex-y? is a berry-pink jelly from OPI's new Texas collection.

I haven't seen the greatest feedback about the Texas collection, but I actually was pretty excited about some of the colors. Mostly I was excited about the jellies (or sorbets, as OPI is calling them). When I first saw Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear?, the orange jelly in the collection, I knew I had to have it. Since I just had on an orange, I decided to try out the pink first. Plus, Valentine's Day is coming up, so I found it appropriate.

One coat, artificial lighting.

Two coats, artificial lighting.

Three coats, artificial lighting.

Three coats, flash.

I have a tendency to paint my nails at night, so I have no natural lighting pictures yet. The nail polish is actually a bit more purple than my camera was able to pick up. I'm hoping to photograph this manicure tomorrow in natural sunlight, and maybe that will provide more color accurate images.  As always, the application of this OPI polish was great.

I don't really get the hate for this collection. I'll agree that a lot of the jellies are too similar in color, but I think the jelly finish is fun and different. I guess it's not the most ideal for people who can't stand visible nail line, but that's not a problem for me obviously. There's something about the jelly polishes that have a warm weather feel, so I think they work well in this collection. I hope OPI continues making jellies, and expands the color range for them.

But I also hate that freaking black shatter finish that everyone is raving about, so what do I know?

EDIT:

Natural lighting.
No sunlight, but here's a crappy, out of focus picture of Do You Think I'm Tex-y? in natural lighting.

3 comments:

  1. What a funny name for nail polish. Lovely colour shade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the name is funny and cutesy. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful color, and soft when you applied one coat. :)

    ReplyDelete