Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Essie Carry On Half Moons

Day 18 of The Challenge is half moons! I absolutely love half moon manicures, and I've been excited about this part of The Challenge since I started it. I love when trends from the past come back, and this trend is so classy, and just plain ol' cool-looking. Thank you, Dita von Teese.




The color I used was Carry On by Essie, from this year's Fall collection. This is my favorite kind of shade: a vampy plum. I own quite a few that look nearly the same, and yet I never tire of them. My entire collection could consist of colors like this, and I would be content. My technique for creating the half moons is the same as everyone else's. I use hole reinforcements. Whoever initially came up with that idea is a genius. They are cheap, they work well, and you can cut them in half and do tons and tons of half moon manicures with the pack!

I prefer the half moon to be my natural nail, so aside from base and top coat, Carry On was the only polish I used. I used two coats, and they both applied very smoothly. This is the second Essie I've tried, and I've been more than impressed with their formula. Well worth the $8. Plus, their bottles are so aesthetically pleasing.

In the photos, you can tell the moon shapes aren't crisp, but from afar, they look good. I'm happy with this manicure, and I think it's pretty season-appropriate.

On a totally unrelated note, do any of you play The Sims Social on Facebook? I just started playing, and I am completely addicted! My stupid Sim just runs out of energy way too fast! Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. Like this colour, in some ways it looks brown and in others a deep wine red, x

    ReplyDelete