Saturday, July 30, 2011

American Apparel Passport Blue + Street Wear Hologram

So, this was supposed to be my birthday manicure (I turned 24 yesterday!), but I was lazy and didn't paint my nails until this morning. Oops.

I showed you American Apparel Passport already - it was my second post ever, if I remember correctly. I took another photo of it for the sake of having a slightly better image of it up.


I wish I didn't, but I love American Apparel's nail polishes. I used just one coat for this manicure. My only gripe with this is the messiness. The brush is hard for me to control for whatever reason, so I end up getting it everywhere. And it's so pigmented, that my nails just end up looking sloppy because I can't clean it up. So, please forgive the messy application. I tried.




For some Birthday Bling, I added Hologram by Street Wear over Passport Blue. I was sort of expecting the application of this to be a disaster. You know the glittery polishes that never catch on the brush, so you have to practically dump it on your nails for it to show? Well, Hologram is nothing like that. I only needed ONE coat to get that many glitter pieces on my nail. Just one dip into the bottle, brush it on, and BOOM you've got a glitter party. The only downside is that if you wanted a sparser arrangement of glitter pieces, you'd have to work to get less on the brush. It's that dense!

The holographic-ness of it really shows! Even under dimmer lights. I've had a ton of compliments on it so far today. Hologram does dry with a rough texture though, and top coat didn't really help even it out.

This is one of those can't-stop-looking-at-my-nails manicures.

2 comments:

  1. gaaa! I love that glitter top coat, so pretty! Hope you had a good birthday hun, hope your parcel arrives soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your birthday was amazing girl! Love the mani!

    ReplyDelete