Sunday, December 25, 2011

Vintage Floral Nails Take II

I have officially made it to the very last day of The Challenge! Day 31's prompt is to recreate my favorite challenge. I decided instead to recreate your favorite challenge! The challenge post with the most views is the vintage flower nails I did on day 14. It's actually one of my most popular posts even outside of the challenge! So, with that said, here's my next take on floral nails.



I started out with a couple coats of Revlon's Minted. Had I been wearing this on its own, I would have done three, as there are some bald spots. Minted is a mint green, obviously, with a really subtle shimmer. You can see the shimmer in the photos, but it's nearly non-existent on the nail. Application wasn't too bad. A little thick and finnicky, but nothing terrible.



I then used Sinful Colors' Star Fish to create the flowers, my Omega Labs striper brush to make the petals, and Scenery Greenery by Finger Paints to make the leaves. I think they turned out pretty cute this time around, too.

So there we have it. I've completed the Challenge! I know it took me forever, but I am glad I followed through with it.

I hope you are all having a great holiday season! I am currently curled up on the couch with my sister watching Harry Potter. Not a bad Xmas Eve.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Reminds me of my first floral one! I love this pseudo-abstract floral technique. Great colors, too.

    ReplyDelete