Thursday, November 3, 2011

Inspired by a Color: Borghese Menta

Now that Halloween is over and November is here (wahh!), I am officially back to working my way through the 31 Post Challenge. Post 21 begins the Inspiration part of The Challenge, and today's theme is Inspired by a Color. The color I chose is cascade green, like the old cars in the 50s and 60s were painted. I did a similar post to this with Sinful Color's Mint Apple, but I just can't get enough of this retro color.




Here's Menta by Borghese. This is such a lovely color. It's a mint green, which is gorgeous enough on it's own, but add some shimmer, and it's damn near perfect! It really does remind me of a shiny vintage car, cruising down the highway. The application wasn't ideal, but it was manageable. This stuff is quite thin, and as I started to apply it, I worried it would never reach opacity But with three coats, you're good to go. And it would work well as a layering polish (I'm interested to try one coat over black). It's a lovely color, but probably not worth the $8 considering the thinness of it. I'm glad I found it used. This is the only Borghese I've tried, so maybe the formula on this color is just bad. Anyone have any thoughts?

Now, onto some images of hot cars!

Original (not restored!) interior of a 1960 Corvair. Gorgeous! Click the image for a link to more photographs.

I painted my walls cascade green in the first apartment I lived in when I moved out. I still miss those walls. This is four-ish years old.
I hope everyone's week is going well! Are you in a candy-induced coma?

1 comment:

  1. oooh love this colour, it looks really vibrant and fresh, and yes it does look just like colour on the body work of the car. x

    ReplyDelete