Friday, November 18, 2011

Inspired by Fashion: Model's Own Blooboo

I'm all the way up to Day 25 of The Challenge! So close to being done! Day 25 is a manicure inspired by fashion. I chose to base my nails on a Elvgren painting. In case you haven't been paying attention to this blog at all, I love all things vintage. Especially pin up girls. And Elvgren is the king of painting cute gals. Nails first, Elvgren second.




For this manicure, I used Blooboo by Model's Own, sent to me by Nicole. I love this color. It's such a pretty sky pastel blue. In the bottle you can see a pretty shimmer, but that gets lost on the nail unfortunately. Luckily it's still really pretty even without the shimmer. Application was a pain though. It's thick and applied unevenly. I used three coats, and it was still a bit uneven. It does dry fast with some topcoat though, which was nice. I did also get a fair amount of air bubbles. But all in all, it's a really pretty polish, and I see myself using it a lot in the future.


Here's the Elvgren painting I based my nails on. I covet a cute vintage bathroom, with blue walls like this (I'd take pink, too). So, yes, I based my "fashion inspired" nails on the color of walls in a painting of a girl whose not even wearing clothes. WHOOPS.

2 comments:

  1. I have this exact print in my bathroom :) It's my favourite pin-up picture. Unfortunately the rest of my bathroom is covered in kids toys and soggy towels most of the time, but I dream of a vintage bathroom one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw no, what a shame it was a pain to apply, the colour looks lovely though. I find Models Own lemon meringue similar that it is just difficult to apply, just kind gloopy for some reason :-(

    ReplyDelete