Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Revlon Royal Cloak

Happy 2012, everyone! We've got less than a year to live, so I really hope the year is starting off well for you guys. ;)

Today I have Revlon's Royal Cloak to show you. As soon as I started seeing swatches of this, I knew I had to have it.




Royal Cloak is so beautiful, I don't have proper words for it. The shade of purple alone is gorgeous, but then add in the silver flakies, and it's one unique polish. Purple and gold have been done over and over again (and rightly so; it's a great combination), but I can't think of another purple and silver off the top of my head. The flakes add lots of dimension to this polish.

Application was kind of a pain, but worth it. The first coat was thin and watery. With the second, it built up some thickness and was easier to work with. I used three coats, as there were bald spots near the cuticle. Even with three coats, there were still some bald spots, but I just left it. Like I said though, totally worth the application process to get the end result. This was one of those can't stop staring at my nails! manicures.


Oh, also, I recently won a giveaway over at Nailtopia! Lindsay was kind enough to send me the Color Club Beyond the Mistletoe mini collection. Thumbs up!

How was everyone's New Years Eve? I'm not big into parties/clubs/the bar scene, so my BFF came over and we played N64 (yes I clearly have the latest in gaming systems) and watched a bunch of Gilmore Girls. And now I'm obsessed with Gilmore Girls and want to do nothing more than lay in bed all day watching it.

Which I may just go do right now!

2 comments:

  1. I love the purple polish and the glitter ones. I wish I had N64 I loved my old one!


    Hey could you check out my blog and maybe vote for me in the Rimmel 10 contest, infos on my page
    http://collegemakeupbudget.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is pretty, is that shimmer I see in the Revlon polish? Looks very pretty. Congrats on winning those fab glitters, that blue one looks lush, drool!

    ReplyDelete