Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nina Ultra Pro Purple-Xing

Next up for The Challenge is purple. I chose Nina Ultra Pro's Purple-Xing, which Nicole sent me for my birthday!




This polish is a GLITTER PARTAY. Caps necessary. There's purple, silver, and blue micro glitter mixed in with larger holographic glitter. It is AWESOME! Believe me when I say these pictures do not do it justice. It's like bottled unicorn blood or some shit.

As a result of all the, you know, glitter, this stuff is thick. It's gloopy and globby, but surprisingly, not terribly difficult to work with. It also dries lightening fast, which is great. But it does also dry super gritty, so you need a couple coats of top coat to make it somewhat smooth.

If you're at all a fan of glitter polishes, this is a must have.

This "weekend" had some ups and downs for me (weekend in quotations because I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off). The ups included new nail polish! The downs included a funeral, that was harder than expected to deal with. Not fun. But you know what is fun? Retail therapy. Today, my sister and I hit up Ulta and Forever 21.

OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster, Pixel Naughty Bit Nice, Essie Carry On, & Butter London Wallis.

Love & Beauty Peony, Purple, Seafoam.
I also found this necklace of a London telephone booth, which seemed fitting, considering all my grad school stress. (I'm applying to a couple schools within the University of the Arts London, for those curious.) It felt like an omen, and there were only two left, so I picked it up to be my good luck charm of sorts. Also, it was $3.80, and I'll buy just about anything for $3.80.


Hope your week is going well thus far! Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

  1. That purple is really glittery, love it! I can imagine it being gritty so yes top coat is good! Love that cute little telephone box! and I love your pineapple top!

    ReplyDelete