Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Essie Forever Yummy

Okay, guys. I think my nails are waging a war against me. And they are winning. At least half of my nails have broken in the past few days. My thumb had a tear halfway down the nail the other day. Observe:


I mean, what in the shit is that?! How does that even happen? That was a nice, square nail, and then BAM a chunk rips off. Ugh! I don't know, maybe it's the changing weather or something. But now my nails are super short again. Hopefully they will grow back strong and healthy!

On a more positive note, I bought my first Essie today! Forever Yummy, a delicious red (see what I did there?!). I went to see Bridesmaids, and throughout the film, Kristen Wiig was wearing red nail polish. Being such a red fanatic, I was so drawn to it. I stopped into CVS on my way home, and picked Something Yummy up.





I'm not sure why I haven't purchased any Essies before this, but I definitely need to purchase more. This was a one coater! ONE. That's it - just one! Perfectly opaque. I have never had a polish that comes out perfect in one coat. The application was also perfect. Not too thick, not too thin. My only complaint is that, because of how pigmented it is, clean up is a pain. But I will totally deal with that, considering how awesome this bad boy is otherwise.

I also picked up Poshe top coat, and I'm excited to see how it wears. It dried as fast and as shiny as Seche Vite, and was less smelly. So, already I'm enjoying it. I'm hoping it will get rid of some of the shrinkage problems.

Have you seen Bridesmaids yet? What did you think? I enjoyed it quite a bit. Kristen Wiig is so awesome! I loved a lot of her outfits during the film. Lots of stripes, which is definitely up my alley. She was also wearing these high-waisted sailor shorts briefly, which were so freaking adorable. I couldn't find pictures of all the outfits I loved, but here's some other nice shots:

Look at those nails! So cute!

Cute shirt! Cute sunglasses! Sassy walk!
Hope everyone's having a good week!

2 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE that color.. it is a classic. Good luck with your nails healing up and growing nicely! I haven't seen Bridesmaids.. I like her walk in that little clip! silly!
    I am dong a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)


    http://iflyastarship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw no, I hate breaks too, but yours are still all a good length and look neat :-)

    ReplyDelete