Thursday, May 31, 2012

ELF Fuchsia

So, first of all, I'm going to apologize for the quality of the upcoming photos. I don't have my DSLR with me, and out of laziness just used PhotoBooth. While they are not the highest quality, they are actually rather color accurate. Here's ELF's Fuchsia.





Fuchsia is obviously a fuchsia colored polish. Consistency-wise, it's one of those creme-jelly combos. It is opaque enough to need only two coats for coverage, but it dries nice and shiny. Applying it was strange, though. With the first coat, I noticed that the polish started separating, for lack of better word. It almost looked like how crackle polish works, only in one or two spots on the nail rather than all over. I'm not sure if it was just part of the polish, or it reacting to my base coat? It was weird to say the least. The second coat did cover up those spots, so it wasn't a total deal breaker.

It looks more purple in the bottle than it does on the nail, and at first I was disappointed, as I'm not a big pink person. But it immediately started growing on me, and I think it was just what I needed. I've been so stressed out with grad school stuff (damn you, FAFSA!), it was nice to put something cute and bright on my nails. It's definitely a summer-y color, which is welcomed.

And yes, I was hanging out in my parents' kitchen when I took these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment