Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Revlon Whimsical

I'm slacking again. Ugh. I'm just so stressed with waiting on grad school news, and working on submitting some new pieces to a gallery. Nonetheless, I have Whimsical by Revlon to show you today.



Whimsical is the highly sought after dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. I know people are selling this for more than it is worth because it's a bit harder to find, but, people, you can still find this on drugstore.com for $5.

It's a pretty sheer polish. This is three coats, and you can see the nail line. I liked that effect, as we all know by now, so I kept it. If you wanted something less sheer, I'd recommend layering it over a light blue. It applied smoothly.

I really love the juxtaposition of the milky, sheer blue and the glitter. It was one of those manicures that had me staring at my nails frequently.

2 comments:

  1. I've been searching for this one for months and I finally found it at ULTA last week. It was the last one- and it was only $3.99. I was about to pay the ebay price! It looks nice on you. I think I prefer using multiple coats of it rather than layering it over another color. I like the look of the glitter suspended in the jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, but I'm not wowed. I honestly only really like glitters with dark colors personally.

    ReplyDelete